[Fedora-packaging] Issue with PHP Naming guidelines

Remi Collet Fedora at FamilleCollet.com
Sat Jul 18 16:37:00 UTC 2009

Le 18/07/2009 18:19, Jason L Tibbitts III a écrit :

> CS> No, I'm arguing that a php module as being defined as something
> CS> which puts a .so file under %{_libdir}/php.
>
> So pear packages aren't PHP modules?  They're all noarch (pretty much
> by definition) and so don't have .so files.

I think tibbs is right in his first post

PHP Web app, (generally under /usr/share/appname) is out of php-*
namespace and is called appname (phpMyAdmin, glpi, foo)

A PHP extension, written in PHP, providing some classes, is installed
under /usr/share/php (to benefit of default include_path) and is under
the php-* namespace, so must be called php-foo (according to the actual
PHP Guidelines)

If I well understand, the question is
Should we make an exception if name already start by php to avoid
php-phpxxx.

Personaly, I think php- prefix should be add to "all" extensions.

+