[Fedora-packaging] removal of pre-built files

Braden McDaniel braden at endoframe.com
Thu Jun 18 20:59:09 UTC 2009

On 6/18/09 2:42 PM, Orcan Ogetbil wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Toshio asked me to write up a proposal for clarification of the
> removal of pre-built binaries. I came up with two proposals. I'd like
> to have them considered and voted separately.
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/Removal_of_pre-built_binaries

In general, this is simply a nonstarter for Doxygen-generated HTML
documentation.  There is nontrivial (and generally unpredictable)
variance in the style sheet that Doxygen generates from one version to
the next.  Accordingly, the interactions between this style sheet any
any that the package upstream may have added cannot be foreseen.  If
upstream is packaging Doxygen-generated documentation, Fedora should
assume it's doing so for a good reason.

--
Braden McDaniel                      e-mail: <braden at endoframe.com>
<http://endoframe.com>               Jabber: <braden at jabber.org>