[Fedora-packaging] Checking distro release from spec file

Jussi Lehtola jussi.lehtola at iki.fi
Tue Mar 17 16:26:33 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-03-17 at 08:30 -0700, Ray Van Dolson wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 01:06:12PM +0100, Lubomir Rintel wrote:
> > Well, in case you're making an EPEL package, %rhel macro will be defined
> > in buildsystem, by buildsys-macros package. You can get it here:
> >
> > http://buildsys.fedoraproject.org/buildgroups/rhel5/i386/
> >
> > Regards,
>
> Ah, so when building by hand via rpmbuild, I should define "rhel 5" on
> the command line?  Or would it be proper to BuildRequires on
> buildsys-macros?  The package won't do the "right thing" unless I can
> apply a patch correctly based on the OS.
>
> Maybe I just assume anyone building by hand will read the .spec file
> and know what they're doing though.

Hmm, to my knowledge the %{rhel} macro is provided
by /usr/lib/rpm/redhat/dist.sh which is contained in the
redhat-rpm-config package.

Don't BR the package, since it's automatically provided by the build
environment. If you want to compile packages on your own computers, just
make sure redhat-rpm-config is installed.
--
Jussi Lehtola
Fedora Project Contributor
jussilehtola at fedoraproject.org