[Fedora-packaging] Java -- how to use jni.h

Stepan Kasal skasal at redhat.com
Mon May 11 13:30:58 UTC 2009

Hello,
   I have found the hard way that jni.h need not to be in the default
include path (like it is for gcj) and that the right include
directories are maintained by alternatives, ready to use, so the
following ensures the spec using jni bindings compiles under any
java:

BuildRequires: java-devel
[...]
for i in -I/usr/lib/jvm/java/include{,/linux}; do
      java_inc="$java_inc $i"
done
%configure CPPFLAGS="$java_inc"

(see also http://bugzilla.redhat.com/498964#c2)

Could this information be added to Packaging:Java?
Is there anything I can do for it?
(To save my successors a few days of investigation.)

Cheers,
	Stepan