[Fedora-packaging] disttag doesn't work

Orcan Ogetbil oget.fedora at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 04:22:30 UTC 2009

On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 11:05 PM, Martial Paupe wrote:

>> MP> hello, I'm building packages and I want to use disttag as referred
>> MP> at this page.
>>
>> Note that page describes what works in the Fedora buildsystem.  The
>> %dist macro isn't going to be defined by default on most systems,
>> although if you install the redhat-rpm-config package you should have
>> it.
> Have got that package (redhat-rpm-config-8.0.45-29.el5) but it's not working.
> How I can enable that on rhel5.
>
>> Generally, for Fedora packaging you should probably just install
>> the fedora-packager package which will pull in the above macros and
>> various other useful things.

The %dist macro is defined in /etc/rpm/macros.dist which (in Fedora)
belongs to the fedora-release package. I don't know if you should
install that package on rhel5. But you can define the %dist macro, or
any macro in your ~/.rpmmacros file. just add this line:
%dist el5
or something like that.

Orcan