[Fedora-packaging] Fedora Packaging Committee Meeting - Dec 2, 2009 - 1600 UTC

Tom "spot" Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Tue Nov 24 16:53:04 UTC 2009

On 11/24/2009 01:17 AM, Remi Collet wrote:
> And an FPC decision seems necessary about package name
> - most of old packages (>70) use only - (ex php-pear-Auth-SASL)
> - some recent packages use mixed - and _ (ex php-pear-Auth_HTTP)
> See
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-php-devel-list/2009-July/thread.html

FWIW, I'd prefer the underscore not be used, but the guidelines
currently permit it, assuming it is inherited from upstream's naming.
However, given that practically all other packaged PHP modules use -, I
could see the merit in requiring PHP packages to replace - with _. Is
that what the PHP SIG is asking for FPC to approve?

~spot