replacing files owned by another package

Tom 'spot' Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Wed Apr 19 12:18:13 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-04-18 at 17:35 +0200, Bernhard Weisshuhn wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> probably a faq:
>
> Is there a 'proper' way to replace files owned by another (not
> obsoleted) package?
>
> Related: Is it possible at all to update Modules that come bundled with
> the perl package?
>
> Background: I'm currently building rpms for catalyst and svk, both need
> never versions of some bundled Modules. Is there a clean way, or would I
> have to repacke perl itself?

Ehhh... right now there is no way (at least, none that I can think of)
to update to newer versions of modules included in the base perl
package, other than to get them updated in the base perl package.

~spot
--
Tom "spot" Callaway: Red Hat Senior Sales Engineer || GPG ID: 93054260
Lemurs, llamas, and sparcs, oh my!