CPAN Module RPMs

Dave Cross dave at dave.org.uk
Wed Jun 21 15:48:08 UTC 2006

I've just started to dabble with packaging RPMs from CPAN modules and
making them available for download (see http://rpm.mag-sol.com/). This
had brought up a number of questions that people on this list would
probably be best placed to answer.

1/ Currently I've been using cpan2rpm to build the RPMs. Are there any
better tools out there? What do you use to create RPMs from CPAN
distributions?

2/ Are there any good tools for building web pages from RPMs. I've
played with rpm2html but I don't want to my web pages to look like
it's still 1998. Something that interfaces with the Template Toolkit
would be great, and I'd be happy to write that if it doesn't already
exist.

3/ I assume there are standards that define how CPAN modules should be
packaged for use with Fedora (I'm largely targeting Fedora - if the
RPMs work with other distributions then that's a bonus). Are they
documented somewhere?

Any advice or recommendations would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Dave...

--
Site: http://dave.org.uk/