Filtering requires/provides

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Wed Mar 8 20:10:12 UTC 2006

SP> Yes, this changes filter-requires.sh, so any source rpm built from
SP> this will have @@PERL_REQ@@ pre-substituted, but is that really a
SP> major problem?

I think any modification to the source directory is going to be
problematic.  There's no guarantee that the RPM builder is going to
have write access to that directory.  (It won't work one of my setups,
where that directory is readable but not writable by the user I build
RPMs as.)

So where are we at?  We can't mess with buildroot (because the
module's signing stuff will complain) and we can't mess with
sourcedir.  How about just making another directory:

%{_tmppath}/%{name}-%{version}-%{release}-root-%(%{__id_u} -n)-blah

emitting the script there (or copying it through sed to do the
expansion) and then cleaning it up in %clean?

 - J<