Ownership of %{perl_vendorlib}/auto

I've just received a bug report on perl-MailTools requesting that it own %{perl_vendorlib}/auto since it places directories and files (resulting from autosplit) under there (#213561).

The bug report suggests a few options:

1. Own %{perl_vendorlib}/auto in my own package.
2. Try to get the Core perl package to own it.
3. Move the files concerned to somewhere else, such as %{perl_vendorarch)/auto.

Option 3 is a non-starter, at least with respect to using %{perl_vendorarch), since perl-MailTools is a noarch package.

I could go with option 1 but option 2 looks the most sensible to me.

Any other suggestions?

Paul.