Pre-review: parrot and pugs

Steven Pritchard steve at silug.org
Tue Mar 6 01:24:17 UTC 2007

On Tue, Jun 27, 2006 at 03:30:20PM -0500, Steven Pritchard wrote:
> If any of you happen to be interested in Perl6 development, I have
> very lightly tested parrot and pugs packages that I'll be submitting
> for formal review soon:

OK, maybe not "soon".  Let's go with "eventually".

The last version of parrot I tried to build gave me fits, so in the
mean time I've rebuilt pugs without parrot embedding enabled.

 http://ftp.kspei.com/pub/steve/rpms/perl-Perl6-Pugs-6.2.13-1.src.rpm
 http://ftp.kspei.com/pub/steve/rpms/perl-Perl6-Pugs/perl-Perl6-Pugs.spec

> I haven't run these through rpmlint or built them with mock yet, so
> I'm sure there will be some issues.

This does build successfully in mock, but rpmlint screams, which is
why I'm holding off submitting it for real.  :-)

While the package definitely still has issues, it does work nicely.

 $ pugs -e 'my @n=<<Perl6 is cool>>; "@n[]".say;'
 Perl6 is cool

Steve
--
Steven Pritchard - K&S Pritchard Enterprises, Inc.
Email: steve at kspei.com             http://www.kspei.com/