More on perl for F7

Robin Norwood rnorwood at redhat.com
Wed May 16 15:32:00 UTC 2007

Hi,

We've been discussing the perl split and how to minimize disruption for
users.  Warren, spot, and I are seeing about getting the 'core' perl
packages that have been split into separate RPMs added to the list of
packages that get installed by default whenever perl is installed.  This
way, most users will still have CPAN + co, but we'll still have most of
the advantages we wanted from splitting them out in the first place.

This basically changes the 'build/devel' related perl modules from
opt-in to opt-out for F7.

What do you think?

For reference, these are the packages in question:
perl-devel
perl-CPAN
perl-ExtUtils-Embed
perl-ExtUtils-MakeMaker