Fedora to CPAN mapping...

Chris Weyl cweyl at alumni.drew.edu
Wed May 23 04:07:49 UTC 2007

On 5/22/07, Christopher Hicks <chicks at chicks.net> wrote:
> On Mon, May 21, 2007 at 09:32:51PM -0700, Chris Weyl wrote:
> > So I took a first shot at a "Fedora to CPAN" mapping script.  It's
> > extremely basic right now
>
> Impressive and handy.  Thanks.
>
> It'd be nice to have a maintainer shame page where the number of out-of-date modules per owner is highlighted.  If shaming doesn't encourage progress (and even if it does its not the way to motivate folks) then we can at least see how needs to have their load lightened.

Well, I don't know if we need a "shame page"...  I've found asking for
updates to usually be as easy as filing a "update? pretty please?"
bug.  Do you see an area where we could improve as a whole in?

I'm going to poke around with seeing what statistics I can generate.

                                     -Chris
--
Chris Weyl
Ex astris, scientia