perl-DBI - split?

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Wed Nov 14 18:25:38 UTC 2007

RN> Hi, The issue of .h files in a non-devel RPM rears its head again.
RN> In the package review for perl-DBI, my package reviewer points out
RN> rpmlint warnings about .h files in a non-devel package.

Pretty much every arch-specific Perl module will have a .h file buried
fifteen directories under /usr/lib/perl5.  It would be insanity to
split them all out.  There's no directory ownership issue like there
is with .pc files, and frankly I don't know what on earth would
actually use those .h files.  In all of the Perl package reviews I
have done, I have allowed those files to remain in the main package.

 - J<