time for perl 5.10.x in devel?

Chris Weyl cweyl at alumni.drew.edu
Mon Nov 26 22:44:17 UTC 2007

On Nov 26, 2007 8:18 AM, Tom spot Callaway <tcallawa at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 2007-11-24 at 11:16 -0800, Chris Weyl wrote:
>
> > 642 noarch
> > 172 x86_64
> > -------------
> > 814 total
> >
> > I suspect we can ease the pain by coordinating a mass rebuild here,
> > and just kicking off the rebuilds centrally.  (e.g. an annointed
> > Rebuilder In Chief)
>
> The circular dependencies will be fun!

Aw man -- I'd forgotten about those :)

I have a number of outstanding BZ's to deal with a few of those
(215637, 232736, 232380) but I haven't run into any others.  If no one
screams, I'll create a PERL-5_10 blocker bug.

> First things first, lets divide up all of jpo's perl packages tomorrow
> (assuming that he doesn't come out of AWOL status in the next 24 hours),
> so that we have owners to help push this through.
>
> Here's the list of his packages (mostly perl), feel free to start
> staking claims on what you'd like:

I'm trying to not take on too many more, as I have my eyes on the
MooseX namespace next :)  The ones I'll proffer to take over
completely are below; I second Robin's comments.

>       * perl-B-Keywords -- Lists of reserved barewords and symbol names
>       * perl-Config-Tiny -- Perl module for reading and writing .ini
>         style configuration files
>       * perl-CSS-Tiny -- Read/Write .css files with as little code as
>         possible
>       * perl-Expect -- Expect for Perl
>       * perl-Expect-Simple -- Wrapper around the Expect module
>       * perl-List-MoreUtils -- Provide the stuff missing in List::Util
>       * perl-Module-Find -- Find and use installed modules in a
>         (sub)category
>       * perl-Module-Locate -- Locate modules in the same fashion as
>         "require" and "use"
>       * perl-Module-Versions-Report -- Report versions of all modules in
>         memory
>       * perl-Perl-Critic -- Critique Perl source code for best-practices
>       * perl-pmtools -- A suite of small programs to help manage Perl
>         modules
>       * perl-Test-Expect -- Automated driving and testing of
>         terminal-based programs
>       * perl-Test-Perl-Critic -- Use Perl::Critic in test programs
>       * perl-Test-WWW-Mechanize -- Testing-specific WWW::Mechanize
>         subclass
>       * perl-WWW-Bugzilla -- Handles submission/update of bugzilla bugs
>         via WWW::Mechanize
>       * perl-WWW-Mechanize -- Automates web page form & link interaction

                                   -Chris
--
Chris Weyl
Ex astris, scientia