"perl development" comps.xml group?

Marcela Maslanova mmaslano at redhat.com
Fri Apr 10 07:42:46 UTC 2009

On 04/10/2009 01:28 AM, Chris Weyl wrote:
> Hey all --
>
> We're starting to have a greater number of packages geared towards Perl
> development...  Given that it'd be nice to have them all easily presented
> for those so inclined, I thought it might be nice to have a "Perl
> Development" comps.xml group.  There's precedent for this (e.g.
> java-development, kde/gnome/x/web-software-development), and we do have a
> number of packages that lend themselves nicely:
>
> perl-core
> git-cpan
> cpan-upload
> perltidy
> perl-Task-Catalyst
> vim-perl-support
> etc...
>
> I don't think it would make sense to try to include all the 1,000+ perl-*
> packages out there; this group could be used to highlight the "upper level"
> stuff while those so inclined could still do a "yum install 'perl-*'".
>
> Thoughts?  If this sounds good, I'll see about getting one in there...
> after the string freeze is up, that is.  :-)
>
>                                          -Chris

Hello,
I was thinking about list of packages from Task::Kensho to put them in
subpackages like perl-core which requires the base perl modules. So I
wanted create subpackage f.e. perl-Task-Kensho-Testing which install all
testing packages mentioned in Task::Kensho on cpan.

But creating group in comps sounds better. Which packages do you want to
include? Maybe choose the best rated from cpan?

Regards,
--
Marcela Mašláňová
BaseOS team Brno