[Fwd: Padre Plugins in downstream distributions]

Chris Weyl cweyl at alumni.drew.edu
Thu Feb 26 17:28:09 UTC 2009

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 5:06 AM, Marcela Maslanova <mmaslano at redhat.com>wrote:

> Chris Weyl wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 11:02 PM, Gabor Szabo <szabgab at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> [...]
>>>
>>> This is awesome!
>>>
>>> Thanks both Marcela and Chris and the rest of the Fedora Perl team.
>>>

>> Nothing's packaged yet ;)
>>
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Perl_Wishlist#Task-Padre-Plugin-Deps

>>  Anyway we are stucked with updates of Padre because of Wx::Perl::Dialog.
> There is again problem with unsetting display for rpmbuild. I know that
> earlier the problem was in different package and that was fixed.
> If anyone has some experiences with this rpm error, please let me know the
> correct solution.
> Error: Unable to initialize gtk, is DISPLAY set properly?
> /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.bttX7K: line 29:  8857 Aborted /usr/bin/perl Makefile.PL
> INSTALLDIRS=vendor
> Regards,

I usually use some sort of conditional construct.:

%{?_with_display_tests: make test}

Then, since I have _with_display_tests set in my ~/.rpmmacros (or have
called rpmbuild with "--with display_tests"), the tests are run locally but
not in the buildsys.

Ideally the tests themselves would note the lack of DISPLAY and skip
themselves, but... :-)

                                    -Chris
--
Chris Weyl