[Fwd: Padre Plugins in downstream distributions]

Marcela Maslanova mmaslano at redhat.com
Fri Feb 27 07:05:12 UTC 2009

Chris Weyl wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 5:06 AM, Marcela Maslanova <mmaslano at redhat.com>wrote:
>
>> Chris Weyl wrote:

>>> Nothing's packaged yet ;)
>>>
>>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Perl_Wishlist#Task-Padre-Plugin-Deps

>>>  Anyway we are stucked with updates of Padre because of Wx::Perl::Dialog.
>> There is again problem with unsetting display for rpmbuild. I know that
>> earlier the problem was in different package and that was fixed.
>> If anyone has some experiences with this rpm error, please let me know the
>> correct solution.
>> Error: Unable to initialize gtk, is DISPLAY set properly?
>> /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.bttX7K: line 29:  8857 Aborted /usr/bin/perl Makefile.PL
>> INSTALLDIRS=vendor
>> Regards,
>

> I usually use some sort of conditional construct.:
>
> %{?_with_display_tests: make test}
>
> Then, since I have _with_display_tests set in my ~/.rpmmacros (or have
> called rpmbuild with "--with display_tests"), the tests are run locally but
> not in the buildsys.
>
> Ideally the tests themselves would note the lack of DISPLAY and skip
> themselves, but... :-)
>
>                                     -Chris

That's better solution then switch them off. Anyway the problem here is
in build time:
Executing(%build): /bin/sh -e /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.3ZKzZM
+ umask 022
+ cd /home/marca/Development/PERL/perl-Wx-Perl-Dialog/devel
+ cd Wx-Perl-Dialog-0.04
+ LANG=C
+ export LANG
+ unset DISPLAY
+ /usr/bin/perl Makefile.PL INSTALLDIRS=vendor
Checking if your kit is complete...
Looks good
Error: Unable to initialize gtk, is DISPLAY set properly?
/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.3ZKzZM: line 29:  7234 Aborted
/usr/bin/perl Makefile.PL INSTALLDIRS=vendor

IMHO this is bug in perl module, which shouldn't be setting display for
build.

--
Marcela Mašláňová
BaseOS team Brno