Pakaging enthought tool suite

Gael Varoquaux gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org
Thu Apr 10 22:24:25 UTC 2008

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 06:14:03PM +0200, Gael Varoquaux wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 12:11:14PM -0400, Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:
> > Well, we don't need a graph per se; I think that file should be enough,
> > thanks.

> As you wish. I think I will have a go at the graph thing (I have already
> started) because it is useful anyhow.

For people in a hurry, I just put a first graph on the net, on
http://gael-varoquaux.info/ets_deps.png

It will not stay there, I am just working in making the code that
generates this a bit more reliable, and will publish this on the
Enthought wiki.

The graph is quite horrendous. I had never seen it before, but from
inside it did look bad. Now the good news is that for version 3 of the
ETS, the graph looks like:
http://gael-varoquaux.info/ets3_deps.png
Way better.

I hope this helps a bit having a better understanding of the packaging.

Maybe an interesting way of doing a coarse-grained approach, is to group
packages as they are reorganized in ETS3. You can have a look at the
organisation on the svn repo: https://svn.enthought.com/enthought/browser
Look in the "trunk" folder of each project.

Cheers,

Gaël