[Fedora-python-devel-list] [Fwd: Python SIG mailing list/packaging mayavi2]

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 21:46:47 UTC 2008

As a scientific user....who is writing pythonic codebases for data analysis
and visualization...

I'd rather see us have a plan to incorporate the all of enthought's software
base in a meaningful way... instead of cherry picking the 3d visualization
stuff specifically.
Enthought's stuff is a framework that should probably go in as a collection.

https://svn.enthought.com/enthought/

There's a lot there... and its introduction as a collection of software
needs to be organized.

If I were even going to touch it as a user, at a bare minimum I need to know
whether this framework layers over scipy and numpy.

-jef