python 2.5 or 2.6

Kyle VanderBeek kylev at kylev.com
Tue Aug 25 00:04:28 UTC 2009

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 1:54 PM, Martin-Louis Bright <mlbright at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi!
> Does anyone know if/when python 2.5 or 2.6 will be included in RHEL? python
> 2.4 is certainly solid, but I'm trying to run fabric and it requires at
> least 2.5

In general, you're not going to see that major of an upgrade in RHEL.  Every
python related package would have to be upgraded at the same time, and
that'd go against RHEL's stability goals.

I'd encourage you to lean on the fabric folks to support 2.4 (which is
really quite easy for the most part, other than the new try/except/finally
that showed up in 2.5).

kylev at kylev.com
 Some people have a way with words, while others... erm... thingy.