Can anyone volunteer to help with a Python 2.5 / Python 2.4 code issue?

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri May 1 20:18:09 UTC 2009

On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 12:06 PM, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com> wrote:
> Err reverse that.. python 2.4 no defaultdict class  in collections
> module python 2.5 collections does have it

well  a simple  change defaultdict=dict  in controllers.py seems not
to cause any damage. It really depends on if you need the minor
changes between defaultdict and a regular dict.

I could go though the trouble of building out the defaultdict subclass
by hand and overriding _missing_ in a similar way to make use of
defaultfactory. That would be the correct fix. But is it needed? Do
you ever actually use defaultfactory functionality in the codebase?

So one problem down? anything else? The other errors im getting exist
on both my F9 and Centos5 setup so they arent python2.5 specific...
just me not having everything configured correctly.

-jef