[Fedora-r-devel-list] Plans for R-2.7.0?

José Matos jamatos at fc.up.pt
Wed Apr 23 09:30:29 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 22 April 2008 18:37:40 Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:
> I was going to look through the changelog and try to determine whether
> it merited a last minute tag for F-9 or not. Opinions welcome.

  AFAIK there is nothing so serious that can't wait for F-9 release. Also all
modules need to be recompiled, this can be done best after F-9.

  Since the release schedule of R is 6 months I think that we should continue
the policy, that has been followed, to release the new version as soon as
feasible for all releases. This is different from the procedure used in perl,
python, tcl but I think that in this case it is justified. Just my 2 ¢ (euro)
on this issue. :-)

--
José Abílio