[relnotes] [Fedora Project Wiki] Update of "Docs/Beats/I18n" by JensPetersen

fedorawiki-noreply at fedoraproject.org fedorawiki-noreply at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jul 4 12:24:18 UTC 2006

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Fedora Project Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by JensPetersen:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Beats/I18n

  This section includes information related to the support of various languages under Fedora Core.

  == Input Methods ==
- The default Gtk Input Method Module for SCIM (Simple Common Input Method) is now scim-bridge
+ The default SCIM (Simple Common Input Method) Gtk Input Method Module is now scim-bridge
- contributed by Ryo Dairiki.  SCIM is no longer linked against libstdc++so7 and scim-qtimm
+ written from scratch in C by Ryo Dairiki.  SCIM is no longer linked against libstdc++so7 and scim-qtimm is working again.
- is working again.

  ||'''Language'''||'''Trigger hotkey'''||
  ||Japanese||{{{Zenkaku_Hankaku}}} or {{{Alt-`}}}||
- ||Korean||Shift-Space||
+ ||Korean||{{{Shift-Space}}}||
- ||other||Ctrl-Space||
+ ||other||{{{Ctrl-Space}}}||
+
+ If scim is installed it will now run by default for all users.

  === Language Installation ===

@@ -34, +35 @@

    Indian and other languages: {{{scim-m17n m17n-db-<language>}}}

- If scim is installed it will now run by default for all users.
+ == xinputrc ==
+ At X startup, xinput.sh now sources {{{~/.xinputrc}}} or {{{/etc/X11/xinit/xinputrc}}}
+ instead of searching config files under {{{~/.xinput.d/}}} or {{{/etc/xinit/xinput.d/}}}.
+
- Users who do not wish to run scim on their desktop can disable it
+ Users with SCIM installed who do not wish to run it on their desktop can disable it
- create an empty file:
+ by creating an empty file:
    {{{echo > ~/.xinputrc
  }}}