[relnotes] [Fedora Project Wiki] Update of "Docs/Beats/DatabaseServers" by BobJensen

fedorawiki-noreply at fedoraproject.org fedorawiki-noreply at fedoraproject.org
Sun May 28 23:37:26 UTC 2006

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Fedora Project Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by BobJensen:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Beats/DatabaseServers

The comment on the change is:
Marking FC5 Content

+ {{{
+ Fedora Core 5 Release Notes Content is marked like this.
+ }}}
  = Docs/Beats/DatabaseServers =

  == MySQL ==
-
+ {{{
  Fedora now provides '''MySQL''' 5.0. For a list of the enhancements provided by this version, refer to http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/mysql-5-0-nutshell.html.
-
+ }}}
  For more information on upgrading databases from previous releases of '''MySQL''', refer to the '''MySQL''' web site at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/upgrade.html.

  == PostgreSQL ==
-
+  || {i} Editor's Note ||
+  || Several bugs were filed, closed, re-opened and re-closed that we did not provide enough information in this section for the FC5 release, please review the bugs from the FC5 release notes for more info. ||
+ {{{
  This release of Fedora includes '''PostgreSQL''' 8.1. For more information on this new version, refer to http://www.postgresql.org/docs/whatsnew.

   || {*} '''Upgrading Databases''' ||
   || Fedora Core 4 provided version 8.0 of PostgreSQL. If you upgrade an existing Fedora system with a PostgreSQL database, you must upgrade the database to access the data. ||
   || To upgrade a database from a previous version of PostgreSQL, follow the procedure described at http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/install-upgrading.html. ||
-
+ }}}