[relnotes] [Fedora Project Wiki] Update of "Docs/Beats/Legacy" by DavidEisenstein

fedorawiki-noreply at fedoraproject.org fedorawiki-noreply at fedoraproject.org
Mon May 29 03:29:59 UTC 2006

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Fedora Project Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by DavidEisenstein:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Beats/Legacy

The comment on the change is:
Update issues list to be on-wiki

  }}}
  The Fedora Legacy Project will provide updates for these releases as long as there is community interest.  When interest is not sustained further, maintenance mode ends with the second test release for the third subsequent Core release.  For example, maintenance mode for Fedora Core 4, if not sustained by the community, ends with the release of Fedora Core 7 test2.  This provides an effective supported lifetime (Fedora Core plus Fedora Legacy Support) of about 18 months.

- The Fedora Legacy Project always needs volunteers to perform quality assurance testing on packages waiting to be published as updates.  Refer to http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legacy/QATesting for more information.  Also visit our issues list at http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-legacy-list/2005-August/msg00079.html for further information and pointers to bugs we have in the queue.
+ The Fedora Legacy Project always needs volunteers to perform quality assurance testing on packages waiting to be published as updates.  Refer to http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legacy/QATesting for more information.  Also visit our issues list at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legacy/QATesting#issues for further information and pointers to bugs we have in the queue.

  If you need help in getting started, visit the project home page on the Wiki at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legacy, or the Mentors page at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mentors.  If you are looking for others ways to participate in Fedora, refer to http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/HelpWanted.