[relnotes] [Fedora Project Wiki] Update of "Docs/Beats" by PaulWFrields

fedorawiki-noreply at fedoraproject.org fedorawiki-noreply at fedoraproject.org
Sat Feb 10 16:27:50 UTC 2007

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Fedora Project Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by PaulWFrields:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Beats

The comment on the change is:
Use new global dict entry

   || {i} '''Admonitions in the Beats are using a new style and appear broken'''||
   || We are using a new Wiki syntax for the admonition that does not work in the fedoraproject.org Wiki yet.  This new style allows us to output the documents to DocBook using the new code being developed as part of a [:MoinDocBookProject:Summer of Code project].  Please use the new style wherever you come across it. ||

- A '''beat''', derived from newspaper and laboratory usage, is the act of reporting news or research results; or a round or course which is frequently gone over, by a newspaper reporter or a law enforcement officer ("beat cop").
+ The release notes are separated into ''beats''.  [[GetVal(FedoraDict,Beat)]]

  These are the pages where the release notes beats are written.
  Content here may be derived from bugzilla reports and mailing list discussions.