[relnotes] [Fedora Project Wiki] Update of "Docs/Beats/HardwareOverview" by KarstenWade

fedorawiki-noreply at fedoraproject.org fedorawiki-noreply at fedoraproject.org
Wed Mar 21 17:56:47 UTC 2007

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Fedora Project Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by KarstenWade:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Beats/HardwareOverview?action=diff&rev2=2&rev1=1

  Users often request that Fedora provide a ''hardware compatibility list'', which we have carefully avoided doing.  Why?  It is a difficult and thankless task that is best handled by the community at large than by one little Linux distribution.

  However, because of our stance against closed-source hardware drivers and the problems of binary firmware for hardware, there is some additional information the Fedora Project wants to provide Fedora users.
+
+ == Useful hardware information in these release notes ==
+
+  * For 32-bit x86 - [:Docs/Beats/ArchSpecific/x86:Docs/Beats/ArchSpecific/x86]
+  * For 64-bit x86 - [:Docs/Beats/ArchSpecific/x86_64:Docs/Beats/ArchSpecific/x86_64]
+  * For PowerPC - [:Docs/Beats/ArchSpecific/PPC:Docs/Beats/ArchSpecific/PPC]

  == Hardware stance ==