Heads up! Firefox & Mozilla

David Eisenstein deisenst at gtw.net
Mon Apr 17 15:24:33 UTC 2006

Hi Folks,

Over the (HOLIDAY!) weekend, Mozilla released a new Firefox (1.0.8) fixing
a set of critical vulnerabilities.  The upstream (mozilla.org) chose
*not*, however, to release the Mozilla code for 1.7.13 yet, but I am told
that the updated Mozilla will be released officially in the near future.
We may, however, be able to get our hands on the sources before then and
get it in the pipeline for QA and such.

Some of the critical issues (potential remotely exploited code execution)
can be mitigated by turning off Javascript, but not all, as there is one
issue that I am told that can be triggered by HTML tags.  From MFSA
2006-18 <http://www.mozilla.org/security/announce/2006/mfsa2006-18.html>,