Fedora Legacy needs help!

David Eisenstein deisenst at gtw.net
Sat Oct 7 13:17:18 UTC 2006

Hi Fedora-Security folks:

We in Fedora Legacy have been having severe manpower shortages in getting work
done for security issues relating to Fedora Core releases that have been turned
over to our care.  Basically, no new packages that fix security issues have been
released by Fedora Legacy since late July.

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-legacy-announce/2006-July/date.html
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-legacy-announce/2006-August/date.html
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-legacy-announce/2006-September/date.html
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-legacy-announce/2006-October/date.html

 -- those pretty much tell the story.

Also, a 3+-month-old Legacy status report here
             <http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legacy/Status>.

A fellow contributor says that, essentially, Fedora Legacy is providing a false
sense of security to people who point their yum at our repositories.  If that
is the case ... ?!

We need help!  Any suggestions/advice on how/where we can get help getting our
work done?

Thanks in advance!

    Warm regards,
    David Eisenstein