Fedora 7 and the Security Response Team

Josh Bressers bressers at redhat.com
Mon Jun 11 17:24:34 UTC 2007

> > How you can help.
>
> I've been wanting to help, but not sure of practices and procedures
> used.
>
> Perhaps we could clarify a few things for me:
>

> - Should the filed bug have a CC to the list? I guess you mentioned
> this above. I think it's probibly a good idea so folks can see the
> progress of fixes.

While I'm personally not a fan of this, if people want it, we should
probably do it.

> - Is there any key for the format of the audit cvs files?=20

Not really, look at what's there to get an idea of how it goes.

> - Is there any acl on the audit files? Who is allowed to update those?

Here is the current list:

avail | mjc,bressers,jorton,notting,sopwith,katzj,holtmann | fedora-security
avail | lkundrak | fedora-security
avail | jkeating,ausil,tibbs,kaboom,scop,questor | fedora-security

If you're willing to help, access can be granted.

> > Any help will be appreciated and accepted.  Once the FC7 file exists,
> > we will need to go through the CVE ids and identify which flaws need
> > to be addressed.  Some of the ids will be low hanging fruit that will
> > only take a few minutes to verify.  Other will take a long time and
> > it's possible you will have to go through source.
> > I'm not sure how to section off this file, anyone with any ideas?
>
> Well, if it will be listed in cvs, can't we just have folks go and
> update as they process?

Ideally, yes.  I however don't want people to duplicate work.  I suspect
the easiest way is going to be for someone to just mark a block of ids as
what they're working on.  Something like

**** bressers ****
CVE blah blah blah
... ===> Lots of CVE ids here
CVE blah blah blah
**** bressers ****

Check in some bits to make it known you're on it, then start wading through
the manure.

Thanks.

--
    JB