[Fedora-livecd-list] Security LiveCD

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sun Mar 4 17:12:34 UTC 2007

Luke Macken wrote:
> I started piecing together a Fedora Security LiveCD, designed for
> security auditing, penetration testing, and forensics.  See my blog
> post and the wiki page for more information:
>
>     http://lewk.org/blog/2007/03/04/security-livecd
>     http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/LukeMacken/SecurityLiveCD
>
> {comments,suggestions,patches} welcome.

I read that pages and blog earlier. Excellent work. You seem to using a
relatively older version of Live CD tool. The newer versions use
kickstart for configuration. Same for pungi too.  Have you looked at
what other security/hardening focused distributions and especially live
cd's do? Is it just a matter of putting in a bunch of related packages
or is there any special configuration being done on other distributions
in the same space?

Rahul