security livecd

Greg Metcalfe metcalfegreg at qwest.net
Sat Oct 27 01:24:24 UTC 2007

On Friday 26 October 2007 10:22:00 am Luke Macken wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone was against having the Security LiveCD[0]
> become an official project of the Security SIG?
>
> I've done a bunch of work on it recently, and turned it into a
> minimal openbox-based distro.  See my blog[1] post for more
> details/screenshots.

It looks like a win to me. Gnome/KDE neutral. I have a couple of issues with
your package list. But nothing I'd scream about. I didn't know about sdd vice
dd, for one thing. OTOH, I question the value of iisemulator.

I'd be inclined to tell you to do what you think best, get some press, and use
that to ignite a discussion of what an optmized package list might look like.