security livecd

Luke Macken lmacken at redhat.com
Sun Oct 28 16:07:54 UTC 2007

On Fri, Oct 26, 2007 at 06:24:24PM -0700, Greg Metcalfe wrote:
> On Friday 26 October 2007 10:22:00 am Luke Macken wrote:
> > I was wondering if anyone was against having the Security LiveCD[0]
> > become an official project of the Security SIG?
> >
> > I've done a bunch of work on it recently, and turned it into a
> > minimal openbox-based distro.  See my blog[1] post for more
> > details/screenshots.
> >
> It looks like a win to me. Gnome/KDE neutral. I have a couple of issues with
> your package list. But nothing I'd scream about. I didn't know about sdd vice
> dd, for one thing. OTOH, I question the value of iisemulator.

The package list is definitely subject to change, feel free to make
suggestions.  I've cut the final package list down to 661 packages, which produces
a 413mb iso.  There's much room for improvement :)

The initial value that I saw in iisemulator was that it can emulate IIS
as a module within honeyd, but we don't even seem to ship it, so I threw it
on the wishlist.

luke