Security reviews for new packages

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Wed Jan 14 16:11:36 UTC 2009

MT> I guess I can "basic" reviews also required for other packages,
MT> however for security matters I really applicate any help from who
MT> knows how to deal with securitly issues.

Well, my request didn't result in any assistance, so I'm not terribly
optimistic about being able to do this more generally.  I'm just going
to review security-sensitive packages as well as I can and make a note
here when I'm doing it.  If one of these packages later turns up with
a major exploit and someone wants to flame me for not blocking on more
serious security review, I suppose they're welcome to pound sand.

 - J<