Not good

Gene Czarcinski gene at czarc.net
Sat Apr 3 22:04:01 UTC 2004

On Saturday 03 April 2004 16:47, Gene Czarcinski wrote:
> Well, that was interesting.  I just ran up2date to update
> policy/policy-sources from 1.9.2-5 to 1.9.2-9 and policycoreutils from
> 1.9.1-1 to 1.9.2-1 and up2date said everything went OK.  Trusting person
> that I am I did a "rpm -qa polic*" and what I got was:
>
> policy-1.9.2-9
> policycoreutils-1.9.2-1
> policy-sources-1.9.2-9
> policy-sources-1.9.2-5
>
> Well, it did not delete without installing ... but it did not delete after
> installing.

Success!!  I just updated a second system ... this first was x86_64 and this
is ix86 (P-III SMP).  I got exactly the same thing.

In both cases I was running with the latest up2date and the latest rpm.  The
update selection was arts-*, elfutils-*, policy-*, policycoreutils, and
selinux-doc.

I am going to put in a bug report.  Can anyone suggest what info I can collect
to help troubleshoot this?

Gene