Access to cd device denied for cdp

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Fri Apr 30 16:44:49 UTC 2004

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 18:36:41 MDT, "Lamont R. Peterson" <lamont at gurulabs.com>  said:

> That question asked, I have to say that I am inclined to think that as
> long as kudzu is around in a system with SELinux, we are going to have
> to accept the need for it (kudzu) to work withing that (SELinux)
> environment.  I do not yet agree that there is need for kudzu to alter
> policies, but I am going to reserve judgment until after further
> discussion.

I can't convince myself that kudzu must be able to alter policy.

I can convince myself that if kudzu is running in an SELinux environment,
and it creates a /dev entry, that it needs some way to make it end up
labeled according to the policy in effect.

On the other hand, kudzu under SELinux *does* have a rather heavy
taste of "Doctor, it hurts when I do that" "Don't do that then".  After
all, there is hotplug and friends....