macro ?

Russell Coker russell at coker.com.au
Sun Aug 1 10:19:17 UTC 2004

On Sat, 31 Jul 2004 14:20, İsmail İyigünler <iyigunler at itu.edu.tr> wrote:
> what is macro conceptually ?

>From The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48 [gcide]:

  macro \macro\ n. [shortened form of macroinstruction]
     1. a single computer instruction which symbolizes, and is
        converted at the time of program execution or by a
        compiler into, a series of instructions in the same
        computer language.
        [WordNet 1.5]

> i'm just a beginner in SELinux, just read your
> documents and testing in my system, and i'm having lots of denied messages
> from console usually, is it normal ? and what is the differences between

What are the messages?  Please post a few of them here.

> default user_r and staff_r roles, can i group users by their authority by
> user_r and staff_r roles? , and can i assign "group"s to any roles? If not,
> how can i do it?

Give regular users the role user_r, and only people who are involved in
running the machine staff_r.

At this time you can't make the Unix GID have any relevance to SE Linux roles.