selinux-policy-strict-sources: syntax error in Rawhide

Stephen Smalley sds at epoch.ncsc.mil
Mon Aug 9 15:56:49 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-08-09 at 11:46, Tom London wrote:
> Seems to be an error in the latest selinux-policy-strict-sources from
> Rawhide:
>     tom
>
> selinux-policy-strict-sources 100 % done 67/459
> make: Entering directory `/etc/selinux/strict/src/policy'
> mkdir -p /etc/selinux/strict/policy
> /usr/bin/checkpolicy -o /etc/selinux/strict/policy/policy.18 policy.conf
> /usr/bin/checkpolicy:  loading policy configuration from policy.conf
> domains/user.te:70:ERROR 'syntax error' at token ')' on line 43573:
> #line 70
> if () {
> /usr/bin/checkpolicy:  error(s) encountered while parsing configuration
> make: *** [/etc/selinux/strict/policy/policy.18] Error 1
> make: Leaving directory `/etc/selinux/strict/src/policy'

Side effect of converting many of the compile-time tunables to runtime
booleans - if you have a customized tunables.tun file, then it is left
intact by rpm, and m4 ends up defining away the boolean in the policy
sources.  If you have customized your tunables, then move aside your
tunable.tun file and replace it with the .rpmnew file and then customize
it again.  You'll also need a /etc/selinux/$SELINUXTYPE/booleans file to
customize the booleans (but I don't think Dan has built a
policycoreutils yet that includes the updated load_policy to pull
boolean settings from it).

--
Stephen Smalley <sds at epoch.ncsc.mil>
National Security Agency