new Fedora user asks help

Pietro R.A. Binetti binabin at libero.it
Fri Aug 20 07:49:22 UTC 2004

hello everyone,

i am a new user of Fedora core 2, and a newer of linux-like OS as well.
2 days ago i installed Fedora on my notebook: acer travel mate 212T.
i already have some problems that i can't solve:

1) Can't change the Screen resolution
when i installed the OS, my screen hadn't been recognized, so i chose
"generic LCD monitor" with a resolution of 800x600.
once installed, i changed my mind and i wanted to switch into 1024x768
(supported by my hardware, for sure).
to do that, i opened the Display window, from System Settings menu icon.
here i configured a generic LCD panel with 1024x768 resolution from the
Hardware folder and rebooted the PC. then, in the display window i had
the possibility to choose the wanted resolution. doing that and
rebooting i can see 1024x768 as the selected screen resolution, but
looking at the screen things haven't changed: i always have the old
800x600.
what should i do?

2)Touch pad
the touch pad of my pc is correctly working, even if the click must be
done pressing the left button and can't be done with the "touch". i
can't find where i can configure or change the settings of my touch pad.
can i?

thanks in advance for your help.

regards,
Pietro