trouble shutting down avc netlink socket

Colin Walters walters at redhat.com
Mon Aug 23 19:37:36 UTC 2004

Hi,

I'm having a problem where calling avc_destroy doesn't seem to close the
netlink socket, because a subsequent avc_init is unable to bind to the
socket, and gets an error "Address already in use".

The attached test program lets me reproduce the problem - the very
interesting thing is it seems to only happen about 50% of the time.  Is
there some race here in the kernel?

As far as I can tell the close() is being called so the socket should be
shut down.