cups wants to write to /usr/lib/python2.4/.../printconf_tui.pyo, etc

Jeff Johnson n3npq at nc.rr.com
Wed Dec 8 20:24:12 UTC 2004

Tim Waugh wrote:

>On Sat, Dec 04, 2004 at 10:48:54AM -0800, Tom London wrote:
>

>>Running strict/enforcing, latest Rawhide.
>>
>>When logging in, cups, running in cupsd_config_t
>>wants to write /usr/lib/python/site-packages/printconf_tui.pyo,
>>and /usr/share/printconf/util/printconf_tui.pyo.
>>Strict and Permissive avc's shown below.
>>

>*sigh*
>
>This comes up periodically.  I am still waiting for the rpm
>configuration bit that fixes this to be turned on.

The automagic brp-python-bytecompile policy is turned on
by default in rpm-4.3.3-8, which should be in FC4 tomorrow.

Beehive (and redhat-rpm-config) is promised as well.

And all python packages are going to need rebuild to acquire
    Requires: python(abi) = 2.4
so perhaps the problem of associating file contexts with
lazily compiled/created *.pyc and *.pyo will finally be headed
towards resolution without forcing python to link libselinux.

73 de Jeff