sending mail with squirrelmail

Phil Anderson pza at pza.net.au
Mon Dec 20 12:39:47 UTC 2004

Nathan Lee Reynolds (yibble) wrote:

>On Mon, 2004-12-20 at 23:03 +1100, Phil Anderson wrote:
>--snip--
>

>>I think this is a TLS problem - not a squirrelmail problem - take a look
>>at the following.  I think sendmail needs access the random number
>>generator?  Or am I off track?
>>

>--snip--
>
>I have a fairly default installation of SquirrelMail, and
>in /etc/squirrelmail/config.php, the default setting for TLS usage is:
>
>$use_imap_tls = false;
>$use_smtp_tls = false;

I also have use_smtp_tls=false in my config.php but looking at the logs,
squirrelmail still starts tls.  Maybe a squirrelmail bug?  Maybe the
config variable is really force_smtp_tls?  Disabling tls in my sendmail
config fixed the problem for me.  Do you get the same behaviour?  Do you
get the same lines in your /var/log/maillog suggesting a TLS problem?