logrotate errors

Aaron Ross aross at plusthree.com
Thu Jul 1 13:51:13 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I am having some problems with logrotate on a box with selinux enabled.
Here's my current sestatus:

[root at customer bin]# /usr/sbin/sestatus -v
SELinux status:         enabled
SELinuxfs mount:        /selinux
Current mode:           permissive
Policy version:         17

Policy booleans:
user_ping               inactive

Process contexts:
Current context:        root:sysadm_r:sysadm_t
Init context:           system_u:system_r:kernel_t
/sbin/mingetty          system_u:system_r:kernel_t
/usr/sbin/sshd          system_u:system_r:kernel_t

File contexts:
Controlling term:       root:object_r:devpts_t
/etc/passwd             root:object_r:file_t
/etc/shadow             root:object_r:file_t

And here is an example of the errors I'm seeing:

error: error getting file context /usr/local/apache/logs/access_log: No
data available

I've read the FAQ and I'll keep going through the introductions to
SELinux, but if I could get a quick explanation of what's going wrong, I
would be very grateful.

Thanks, Aaron