problem relabeling with FC2

Russell Coker russell at coker.com.au
Wed Jun 16 13:24:09 UTC 2004

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 22:56, Ismail Iyigunler <iyigunler at itu.edu.tr> wrote:
> I'm using Fedora Core 2 with kernel 2.6.6 with SELinux. However some of my
> directories' (in /proc for example) security context still looks "(null)".

There is no kernel support for exporting the security context of files
in /proc to user space via the XATTR interface.  So "ls -Z /proc" will always
show "(null)".  This has been discussed on the main SE Linux list, it's
currently not considered to be worth the effort of changing this.

Some other file systems that lack the virtual XATTR support that devpts has
will get it added.

> [root at santiago /]# make -C /etc/security/selinux/src/policy/ relabel

[...]
> /usr/bin/setfiles: read 1426 spesifications
> /usr/bin/setfiles: labeling files under /
> /usr/bin/setfiles: error while labeling files under /
> make:*** [relabel] Error 1
> make: Leaving directory '/etc/security/selinux/src/policy'
> [root at santiago policy]#

Are there any AVC messages displayed about setfiles?  Are you in enforcing
mode?