update report....(>1000 updates and still ticking!)

Tom London selinux at comcast.net
Mon Jun 21 16:56:20 UTC 2004

I just completed 'eating' over 1000 updates from the development tree on
my 'bleeding edge' SELinux/strict/enforcing system. Updates included new
SELinux packages, new kernel,
new gnome/kde, ... just about new everything.

I detected NO significant SELinux installation issues!!!! This is quite
impressive (I'm sure it
is the result of much hard work). No packages failed to install, and I
as far a I could detect,
most packages are labeling correctly. In particular, the dev/MAKEDEV
packages appear
fixed (no problems in /dev or /udev), the kernel goes in smoothly
(/lib/modules/{build,kernel}
labeled properly), etc. etc. etc.

So far, I've detected only 3 'nits': the mozilla socket issue referred
in
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-selinux-list/2004-June/msg00235.html,
a labeling issue for the mozilla plugin for users of j2sdk,
and 'gaim' no longer working properly (fails both in enforcing and
permissive mode,
so I suspect its not SELinux related).

Credit (and a tip of the hat) to the team!
   tom