Can the CTRL+ALT+F1 login and its list be annotated?

Tom Mitchell mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 12 07:27:29 UTC 2004

If I confuse X (as I may have right now) I can still login on at a tty
with one of:

  Control+Alt+F1
  Control+Alt+F2
  Control+Alt+F6

Then as root I am presented with a question, then a selection list of
rolls to login with.

Is it possible to annotate these in a way that invites new users to
make the most appropriate selection?

Assuming I am close, something like this.

   [1]root:sysadm_r:sysadm_t  (default) administration and user management roll

   [2]root:staff_r:staff_t    minimum privilege for root, "newrole -r role" expected

   [3]root:system_r:system_t  "DO NOT USE -- reserved init, daemons and kernel."

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l