message on fedore-test-list

Richard Hally rhally at mindspring.com
Tue Mar 16 04:01:35 UTC 2004

The messages below were on the fedora-test-list and I was wondering if
someone on this list would be interested in them?

I have tracked this down further and discovered that it is the SE Linux
stuff that is messing up pump.  I have found a newer version of pump now and
I'm going to try it.
However, I have to say that the way it fails is not intuitive to me.  When
pump (dhcp client) sends out the discover packet (with a SE Linux enabled
kernel), the packet actually goes out, it just fails because the UDP
checksum is bad.  This is not what I would expect out of SE Linux.  I would
have thought that it would have returned some no-priviledge error to the
program (pump) indicating that it failed.  Instead to just send out a broken
packet seems pretty weird.
-Scott