How to start using selinux?

Gene Czarcinski gene at czarc.net
Thu Mar 25 22:13:08 UTC 2004

On Thursday 25 March 2004 14:09, Richard Hally wrote:
> > Here are a couple of links to HOWTOs
> >
> > https://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=20372&group_id=21266
> >
> > https://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=21959&group_id=21266

Thanks.  There are good but ..

What I am looking for is something a bit more "cook bookish".  Since the
default (current snapshot of FC2 development) is to install with selinux set
to enforcing, I am expecting the system to come up (it does not) and then
some "cook book" instructions on setting things up so I can begin plying with
things.  Right now if I bootup with selinux set to enforcing, I cannot do
anything .. even login.

I was hoping to see something with selinux running where I could then work
(play) with the system to understand selinux configuration and usage.

Right now, booting up in single user mode is my most useful too since that is
the only way I have found to get out of enforcing mode.

I am hoping I do not need a two week course to be able to understand how to
configure selinux.  I do not know what FC2 Test2 will have in it but from
what I have seen so far, the default had better be permissive rather than
enforcing ... either that or slip the schedule a bit more.

Gene