Problem upgrading FC2 -> FC3

Jouni Viikari jouni.viikari at vip.fi
Sun Nov 14 14:22:27 UTC 2004

> 4)  Most of my web pages do not work (most of these are PHP based
> pages):

As a followup to my own post:

I was able to get most of my web pages running:  I was able to make
mysql work with following instructions
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-selinux-list/2004-
November/msg00022.html and with following changes:

(name mysqld.te has to be with lower case letters)

rpm -q -l mysql-server | restorecon -R -f -
#(note -server above)
restorecon -R -v /var/log

Also I had to place following to local.te

# connect to mysql
ifdef(`mysqld.te', `
allow httpd_t mysqld_var_run_t:dir { search };
allow httpd_t mysqld_var_run_t:sock_file { write };
can_unix_connect(httpd_t, mysqld_t)
')

since I was not able to run my php pages with httpd_php_t context as
specified in current apache.te for mysqld.  How should I do this?

One problem still remains:  I have an php-based photo gallery program
which generates a lot of:

kernel: audit(1100441228.517:0): avc:  denied  { search } for  pid=2467
exe=/usr/sbin/httpd dev=dm-1 ino=2 scontext=root:system_r:httpd_t
tcontext=system_u:object_r:default_t tclass=dir

I am unable to find what causes these.  There exists an symbolic link to
my data directories (which is in another disk).  Could this cause
problems?  All my related files are httpd_sys_content_t as far as I can
tell.

BR,

Jouni